Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Constructive tool

Constructive tool
Constructive tool is used to manipulate information, visualize ones understanding and build new knowledge. It helps us to  work in a collaborative and cooperative manner. Thus we construct a shared understanding of new knowledge through creating and using blogs, Gmail account, virtual learning environment, Google classroom and etc. It also enables us to represent what we have learnt.

Lev Vygotsky said that children's experiences happen in a socially constructed way on a individual level. He stated that learning best happens when students get to construct from their own knowledge. Instead of being told how to think or what to memorize. Actually students are encouraged to create their own understanding of a subject.

By using constructive tool like simulation, we made a advertisement. To create simulation, I constructed knowledge I had little on festivals of my village using Microsoft PowerPoint. Therefore, I was able to create simulation to those who watched it. Not only that, it helped me to reach the information in a creative and 
interesting way.

During my school days, we didn't get opportunities to explore on various constructive tools. Teaching methods was always a teacher centered. And through my teaching practice, I also realized that learning does not happen from talking with students. Therefore we need to use these tools to make  learning  better by constructing new knowledge based in pre- existing knowledge.